The Breast Recurrence Score™ Result: Practice-Changing Information for Personalizing Treatment
|Only the Oncotype DX
Breast Recurrence Score
is validated for both
prognosis and prediction of
adjuvant chemotherapy benefit.
The Oncotype DX®
Breast Recurrence Score analyzes the expression of 21 genes to provide an individualized Breast Recurrence Score result that is both prognostic, providing 10-year risk of recurrence, and predictive of adjuvant chemotherapy benefit.1-2
The Breast Recurrence Score result is a number between 0 and 100 that measures individual biology across the spectrum of estrogen receptor (ER)–positive, invasive breast cancer biology, in both node-negative
The Breast Recurrence Score result:
- Quantify your patient’s 10-year risk of distant recurrence, assuming 5 years of hormonal therapy.
- Provide an individualized, quantitative risk assessment that reflects your patient’s unique tumor biology along the disease continuum—rather than just a high or a low binary result.
- Predict the likelihood of chemotherapy benefit across the range of Recurrence Score results. Higher Recurrence Score results are associated with:
- A higher risk of distant recurrence.
- An increase in the magnitude of chemotherapy benefit.
- Support a personalized treatment decision that goes beyond clinical and pathological factors such as age, tumor size, and tumor grade.
|The Breast Recurrence Score result provides an individualized picture of
the patient’s unique tumor biology in node-negative patients1-2
1. Paik et al. N Engl J Med. 2004.
2. Paik et al. J Clin Oncol. 2006.
Next: Node Negative: Prognostic and Predictive